We are very pleased to announce that there is a new version of Captell RDL manager available for client download. A number of improvements and fixes have been included in this release, see the change log below:
Captell RDL Manager is a small utility application that provides a simple windows desktop interface for managing Reports in SQL Server Reporting Services. With RDL manager you can:
- Export data source definitions to RDS files;
- Bulk Import RDL files from RDL manager or Reporting Services or other utilities;
- Bulk Import RDS files from RDL manager export;
- Change the data source of a report;
- Edit a report;
- Delete reports and folders or reports;
- View a report;
- View the dependencies of a report; and
- Create and manage Reporting Services folder structure.
Click here for more information
7.0.1 – Change Log
- Corrected the ICON that appears in the task bar.
- Ensure the RDL Manager installer doesn’t require Administrator privileges to start installer. Note: you may still need Admin privileges to complete the installation.
- Added view Change Log option to the Application Menu.
- Removed user information from Setup dialogs.
- Updated the default trial license agreement.
- Fixed Component One licensing message that pops up occasionally.
- Moved Options to Application Menu.
- Changes to Report Service URL or Report Manager URL are now retained across sessions.
- Moved Help button to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Added Exit and Help button to Application Menu.
- Main form is now disabled during Import or Export operations.
- Message is no longer shown when the user cancels the Choose folder for export dialog.
- Standardised message and error display.
- Expanded\collapsed state of the report tree is maintained throughout the session.
- New menu item to show dependent items.
- Added a link on the Data source editor dialog to just to www.connectionstrings.com connection string reference site.
- Ensured only main form and view report forms are visible on the task bar
- Corrected tab order of controls on forms
- Updated new folder form
- Ensured correct tool tips etc.