Roughly 1 of every 7 servers worldwide is doing nothing useful, and most sites we work with have grossly underused or idle servers we can re-purpose. A recent study shows the estimated cost of these servers being somewhere around $20.9 billion to run, and consume another $3.8 billon in energy costs.
Utilising our market leading Captell software package and your data, we can perform a thorough audit of your infrastructure and deliver a detailed report to you that includes:
- identifying all server resources in use by your organisation;
- reporting the utilisation of these resources;
- forward projections of the expected consumption of these resources;
- recommendations on consolidation and decommissioning of underutilised servers; and
- suggestions for cost saving process improvements.
The benefits to your organisation by commissioning a Captell Audit may include:
- a better up-to-date understanding of what your current IT infrastructure is and how it is being utilised;
- a basic understanding of the near future requirements for your infrastructure;
- a potential reduction in costs associated with running your infrastructure, including:
- hardware costs;
- software licensing costs; and
- environmental costs such as power and cooling etc; and
- where possible, improved procedures with a view to reusing existing IT infrastructure and reducing future costs.
Download more information on the ITSM Infrastructure Audit